A critical part of a healthy oral hygiene routine is at-home dental care. Every day you have the chance to refresh your smile and minimize the number of oral bacteria attaching your teeth and gums.
Our Cheney dentists are here to help you get the most out of your daily oral hygiene routine. Here are some things to keep in mind when caring for your smile:
- It’s crucial that you clean your smile at least twice a day. By brushing your teeth every morning and night, you can keep plaque build-up at bay.
- When you brush your teeth, try to brush for at least two minutes. Many of us are not spending enough time to at the sink day to day.
- Try to use gentle pressure when brushing, as applying too much pressure can actually lead to enamel thinning as well as gum tissue damage.
- The bet time to floss between your teeth is directly before you brush; this will allow to tease out any compacted plaque or food particles before you proceed with cleaning your smile.
- When it comes to choosing formulations for cleaning your smile, you can talk to your dentist about what type of products are right for you. Many toothpastes, for example, include fluoride, which can strengthen enamel. You can also use cleaning products that have whitening effects, in order to combat environmental stains.
You may be surprised at just how great your smile can look and feel once you make a few simple improvements to your daily routine. Our Cheney dentists are always here to answer any questions that you may have, and to give you some personalized recommendations as to how to care for your smile. Give us a call, or use the Contact Us page on our website when you’re ready to get started—we look forward to speaking with you!