Few of us are born with perfect smiles; the good news is that modern dental technology can help you achieve an attractive and healthy smile without invasive, traumatic treatment. One patient-friendly treatment that our Cheney dentists employ is dental bonding. In this short article, we’re going to review how dental bonding works and why it is so popular among patients of many ages.
During the dental bonding process our dentist applies dental resin to the patient’s natural tooth. This resin begins as a soft and malleable substance. However, after our dental team has shaped and molded the resin, we are able to cure it so that it hardens and bonds to the patient’s dental enamel.
Composite dental resin, once bonded, looks exceptionally similar to natural dental enamel. Additionally, composite resin can be shaded to match the patient’s individual tooth shade: further ensuring an optimal aesthetic result.
When prospective dental patients are evaluating their treatment options, they may decide on dental bonding for a number of reasons:
· The bonding process can generally be completed in just one dental appointment.
· Bonding is considerably less expensive than other aesthetic and restorative treatments like veneers or Invisalign.
· With proper care, dental bonding can last for a decade before it needs to be repaired or replaced.
· Dental bonding is used to achieve a number of aesthetic results from dental whitening to closing gaps between teeth to rebuilding cracked or chipped enamel.
· This treatment option is non-invasive; the resin application process is convenient and comfortable for the patient.
Dental bonding is a truly versatile tool in the world of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. Our Cheney dentists are happy to give you more information about how bonding works; you can even schedule a consultation with our team to figure out whether bonding can meet your dental needs. Give our office a call to get started, or reach out to our team through the Contact Us page on our website!