We all know the new year is a great time to make positive changes in your life. One idea our Cheney dentists have for you? Improving oral health! It sounds like an ambitious task at first, but don’t worry; we’re here with 5 simple lifestyle tips to help.
- Drinking plenty of fluids is one the best things you can do for your health and appearance. Saliva production leads to enamel re-mineralization, which keeps teeth healthier longer!
- Rinsing your mouth with water after meals and snacks not only clears away potentially harmful substances, but also refreshes enamel by ridding it of bacteria that could cause problems down the line.
- In order to maintain your oral health, it is important that you reach for snacks like water-rich fruits and crunchy vegetables. Reach for these healthy options, and try not to do indulge in sweet treats especially over long periods of time.
- After eating, patients should brush their teeth only after waiting thirty minutes to avoid risking the health of dental enamel.
- If you are one of those people who regularly chews on hard candies, mints or cough drops then it is time to make some changes. These habits are not healthy for the dental enamel and can create weak spots on your tooth.
If you have any more questions or concerns about your dental plans for 2022, our Cheney dentists are here to help. Please give our office a call to get started.